Sunday, April 1, 2018

(IN)FERTILITY FRIDAY - Day 13 ultrasound

This past Thursday I had my Day 13 ultrasound. Basically just a quick look at the uterine lining to make sure it is thick enough to have an embryo implant. I read all types of stuff about the success rates being much better on a lining thickness of 8 or greater. My doctor will do it as long as your have a 6 mm lining  so I read some stuff one the internet and set out to make sure my uterine lining would be good and thick. They had me take 6 mg of estrogen a day to thicken the lining and in addition to that I was eating 4-5 brazil nuts a day and some pineapple and lots of protein to get good flow to my uterus. Well I don't know if it was the food or the medicine, but when I went in he said woah! You have a very thick lining. I said oh good! And he goes um I think it may be too thick. What??? I didn't know there was a too thick threshold. I was at a 14 mm and 15mm at another spot and he likes it to be no more than 14 mm thick. I could only laugh. I am doing all this stuff and low and behold it was a little too much. LOL I said well if it is not perfect I don't want to transfer the embryo since I only have one. He 100% agreed and said lets just hold off this month and get your period to come and try again 2 weeks after you get your period! Fine with me! So the timing of it all is dependent on when my period comes again. 
When I left I called Dave and he was like this is a sign we need to do a natural cycle. The main reason Winslow talked me out of the natural is because my uterine lining could not be thick enough. Well I think I can get a thick enough lining so why not try. If it isn't think enough when I go in on Day 13 then we hold off again and try next month. I'm not in any rush, I just want it to work. So thats where we stand. Once I get my period I am going to take no estrogen, still probably eat  some good foods and get my weekly acupuncture and see how my lining looks at day 13. A natural is timed around your normal ovulation, so you do make your own hormones which was the number 1 reason why I switched to this doctor to begin with. I think this was God's way of saying stick to your guns and do what you came to this practice for. So I am gladly on hold and excited to see how this natural cycle goes. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter tomorrow! There is no greater feeling knowing that this life and short and fleeting and because Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead we have hope in an amazing eternity with him in Heaven. With this perspective all this infertility stuff seems so small in the grand scheme of things. I am just very grateful and thankful for all I have been blessed with and God's timing and plan is perfect and I can't wait to see how it all plays out! Jesus is alive!! XOXO

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!