Friday, March 16, 2018

(IN)FERTILITY FRIDAY - Genetic Testing Results

I was just about to walk out the door today and realized, I had not updated you guys on the status of my embryos. So this post is going to be short and sweet, but I didn't want to leave you in suspense. Moral of the story: We have 1 "normal" embryo. We have one shot at a baby and no other option if it doesn't work but to do the whole thing over. I am grateful we have one though. Of course I would have loved 2 but atlas we have one and they didn't call to tell me sorry you have nothing to transfer. The other came back with some missing chromosomes on chromosomes 6, 7 & 18. Not sure what that means, except it would probably not end up in a viable pregnancy. The wait on Wednesday to hear the results was miserable and the worst part was waiting the entire day and then them telling me sorry we don't have the results at 4 pm when they were closing. A very sweet nurse Patty did call me first thing yesterday morning though to tell me she didn't have the report, but found out I had one normal which I throughly appreciated!

So from here we transfer this baby in and hope it is the perfect one God has been making us wait around for. I stopped my birth control and will start some estrogen on Sunday and I have an ultrasound in 2 weeks to check the lining of my uterus. If all looks good we are scheduled to transfer this embryo on April 3rd, just after Easter! I am not sure why, but I have a good feeling about this one. Hopefully this doesn't bite me in the behind :), but I think it was very fitting that God only gave me exactly what I needed. Only one more baby and no choice to be tempted to choose gender. He gave me exactly what I needed and took care of all the tough decisions for me. (Bc lets be honest, if I had 2-3 good embryos, I would try putting them in to see what happens. I couldn't just leave them frozen forever) So that is where we are. Thank you for your prayers and I am super grateful that after my horrible call 2 weeks ago, I went to church is it was the best sermon I have heard in a good 5 years and it was life changing for me. Had me crying the whole time, strangers touching me praying for me, and all of my favorite songs were sung. It was meant for me and I felt peace with whatever happened after that. So don't worry I haven't been in misery for 2 weeks. I was back to normal and perfectly good until this Wednesday when the results were supposed to come in. I am good now though! So keep the prayers coming...we need a nice thick uterine lining to let this baby attach to and healthy pregnancy and child at the end of this. Thank you guys for all your support and I will keep you posted on how things are progressing. XOXO

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!