Saturday, February 17, 2018

(IN)FERTILITY FRIDAY - 3rd & 4th Ultrasound

Hey guys! I wanted to wait till my ultrasound yesterday to do my blog post, so here is the latest progress update! 

We are moving along slowly, but surely! They upped one of my medications to 2 units of Menopur a day and that seemed to be the trick. At my ultrasound on Wednesday they were measuring around 9-10 mm and she saw about 11 eggs. That was very promising to me that there were more this time. My goal is 10 so that seems more of a possibility now. She said everything looks good, keep doing your shots and see you in another 2 days. She also said this is about the time when my eggs are big enough and there are so many that your body my ovulate on its own. So we added in a 3rd shot called Cetrotide to prevent your body from releasing the eggs. I do this one every morning. My estrogen was around 250 so she had me take a cetrotide shot right after my appointment instead of waiting till the next morning to be safe. I would have died if I ovulated too soon and at my next ultrasound there was nothing left in there. So I throughly appreciate her for checking the estrogen and calling me after I left to say better yet don't wait till tomorrow take it today now just to be safe! 

So I went back again yesterday to see if things were growing. The main reason you go so much is because the timing of all this is based on the size of the eggs. So when most are around 16 mm it is time to retrieve them. So we keep checking to time it perfectly. Yesterday my biggest was 14 and the rest were around 11-12 mm. This lady counted around 11-12 but I think she measured the same one a few times :) so still looking possible for 10. She said stay on the same dosing of meds because it is working and come back again on Monday for an ultrasound. So in my type A controlling mind, when I go on Monday they are going to all be around 15 and he is going to say we are about ready so lets do your trigger shot and do a retrieval on Wednesday. If not Wednesday it should be Thursday the latest. So thats where we stand with everything. 3 shots a day and just hanging out. 

I did however throw in a little acupuncture this time. A lot of research has shown it increases your chances of implantation and getting pregnant...by like 10% so why not try it out. I have a few friends who have done it and swear by it so on Wednesday I went to my first acupuncture session. She specializes in fertility so she squeezed me in quickly to try to maximize blood flow to my uterus while these eggys are growing. I am still on the fence about it all. It was relaxing, but a few of the point she stuck needles in hurt. I thought I would feel nothing, but you definitely feel some pokes as she puts them in. She did them in my head, arms, legs, feet and stomach. I think this part of the IVF process is not as important for acupuncture as the transfer part is. She sees you the day before and right after the transfer to reduce uterine contractions and blood flow so the embryo will attach. I figured why not give it a try. It can't hurt so lets give it a whirl. So that is where we are this week. 

Hoping for a retrieval on Wednesday and then I am off to our churches middle school winter retreat on Friday. I am a counselor for my 5th grade girls and can't wait to spend the weekend getting to know and love on them and trying to give them a deep foundation of who Jesus is. Thank you for your continued prayers and I will try to come back and give you an update on Monday on when the retrieval is. Hope you all have a good weekend! XOXO

Just for future reference for myself: My stomach is getting huge, very bloated and tender from all the shots. I look a solid 3 months pregnant. I wish I did a before picture last week. I will try to find one from a few months ago and post a current pic so you can compare. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!