Sunday, February 11, 2018

(IN)FERTILITY FRIDAY - 1st & 2nd Ultrasound

So this past Wednesday,  I had my first ultrasound to make sure I had no cysts and everything looked good with my uterus. All was well so I got the green light to start all my shots. Before I tell you about that I'd like to give a shout out to my sweet husband Dave. He made an appointment!!! Wohoo :) I joke with these nurses that I really do have a husband bc they have never seen him and his so crazy that he couldn't even come in to sign some papers so he had to get them notarized. Wednesday he was able to come so I had to snap a pic with Big Daddy!

So anyways back to the shots, I started my first 2 shots Wednesday night. I am taking 300 units of the Gonal-F and 1 mL of Menopur. The Gonal-F comes in a "pen" form and it is super easy. You dial in your dose and then shoot it in your stomach. Doesn't hurt at all. The Menopur though requires some mixing. Pulling a saline solution from one vial into another with powder then getting it back into the syringe, then changing to a smaller needle. I have gotten the hang of it all for the most part, but this one burns when going in. It is not unbearable but its a decent 5-10 second burn. So I have done that regimen for the past 4 days.


Today I went in for my second ultrasound to see how my eggs were looking and he was able to see 4 good ones on the left and 4 on the right. They were measuring between 4 - 7 mm. I think they wanted them in the 5-7 range so he decided to up my Menopur to 2 mL's a day. So hopefully the little extra will help those small eggs grow. I was hoping for atleast 10 eggs but I went in saying whatever the outcome is what God has planned for me so just trust in him. Usually at the retrieval they get about 80% of the eggs that they see. Just bc some aren't good quality and it is hard to get them all. So at this rate we are looking at a possible 6 eggs before being fertilized. This genetic testing may or may not be happening. We will just see how things progress. I have another ultrasound on Wednesday so hopefully we will know more then.

My biggest concern is making sure Dave is there for the retrieval day. Since we won't know the day until 2 days before it makes life very difficult with work and covering his doctors. Please say some prayers that it is any day BUT Monday the 19th. He is so busy that day. Of course that will be when it happens :) We will figure it out though. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers and pray that these eggs continue to grow and multiply and we get a healthy baby at the end of this! XOXO

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!