Sunday, April 23, 2017

National Infertility Awareness Week 2017


Today kicks off National Infertility Awareness week and I thought it deserved a blog post since Infertility consists of majority of the posts as of late. It is so crazy to look back on my journey with infertility and see how much my life and perspective have changed over the past 6 1/2 years of dealing with it. I, unlike some others, have been blessed with 2 wonderful miracles during my struggles with infertility. (Hopefully more) I think I can still identify though with others who yearn in their heart to be a mom or have another child for those who have not been able to yet.

When I started trying to have kids 6 1/2 years ago, I had never once heard of the word infertility and now I can count at least 10 friends/acquaintances who are dealing with it too. I really think it was a disservice to keep it such a hidden epidemic. I never knew not getting pregnant was an option, and I surely didn't know what conceiving a child could entail including the cost of it. When trying to get pregnant with my first child. Not a soul knew. I made up lies to hide why I was at the Doctor. Told stories about why it wasn't a good time to have a baby yet, basically did everything I could to hide the fact that we were having trouble. My mom, dad and sister knew but that was it! Looking back, it seems like the most ridiculous thing ever. Why not tell my boss the truth so they would understand why I was taking off so much. Why not tell my mother in law so that side of my family could pray and care for me as we needed. Why not tell my friends hey this is a possibility for you too so keep that in mind when you are ready for kids. Or be careful when asking someone when do you want kids because you never know what someone is secretly struggling with. I would have done it totally different the first time around, but hey I guess what they say is true, you live and you learn.

Now a days I want to help any and everyone struggling with infertility. Not only to educate them on on what all IUIs, IVF, and miscarriage entail, but also to empower them that they are not alone and not to be ashamed if they are struggling with infertility. It is not because of something you or your spouse did, It is a disease. If anyone is going through this secretly or alone, I hope reading this has empowered you to share with your friends and family. As hard as it is to share, it is 100% worth in the amount of support, prayers, and love you will receive. All of which make the journey that much easier. I would love to talk with or help anyone who is on this journey that may have questions or just need someone to talk to. I am still on the path and have done most anything out there so I can definitely relate and empathize.

And of course being on this journey the past 6 1/2 years, has been such a blessing to my faith. Having to rely on God and trust him through it all has grown me exponentially. And because of that growth I can firmly say that I am a better person, mother, friend, wife... than I was 6 years ago. So those who are struggling, know the growth that occurs within you during this time is the best reward of all. God knew you could handle this so my hats off to you! Look to God for strength, trust in his perfect plan and timing, and know that he knows what is best for you and will give you exactly what you need. Keep on truckin' ladies and shouting it from the rooftops. We will not let Infertility define us. We are 1 in 8!

1 comment:

  1. “So I’m someone’s mom!” Welcoming our first child, Cecily Philips Donnell, at 12:24 p.m. on Tuesday, July 14. We are absolutely head over heels in love with Cecily, and parenthood is already the most insane and beautiful thing in existence, It's made me excited to have a little spitfire of a daughter of my own. I remembered when i found out i was pregnant 3years ago and was about to walk away from the musical. But at eight weeks, i had a miscarriage. i was so unhappy, until i seek help spiritually from a Dr Iya the herbal practitioner, who helps and guide me to get pregnant again, even at the trying times few weeks in April when i battled symptoms of the coronavirus including "a cough that makes it feel like my head is splitting open from the inside out, but luckily, the baby was okay with the doctors help. i am happy to finally be a mother, couples out there that needs help, trying to conceive a baby, contact my doctor on nativeiyabasira@yahoo.com , you will definitely have a baby to make you a parent.

    ReplyDelete