Sunday, November 13, 2016

Fly High Sweet Rylan

Well the hits keep coming friends. Just when you think you have gotten over the hump and things are starting to look up another tragedy strikes our group of friends. As some of you may know, and some may not, my friend Stephanie from supper club had a baby girl born 5 months ago with some serious heart issues. She was in the hospital for majority of the first 4 months of her life and underwent 2 open heart surgeries. The second one seemed to be a success so Rylan was sent home to finally allow the Delmundos to live like a normal family. About 3 1/2 weeks later, the unimaginable happened and Rylan passed away to be with the Lord. I know that God's plan is greater and that sweet little girl is free from pain and suffering and is safe in Heaven. But my heart just breaks for Steph and her husband Jonar. I cannot imagine losing a child. I cannot imagine walking into her nursery, talking about her with her big brother, packing away all the baby stuff... It is going to be a very long and hard road for that poor family. But on a good note, they have the largest support system I have ever witnessed and they know God so I am hoping they draw near to him and his peace fills them in the days to come.
We attended Rylan's funeral and burial on Friday and it was a rough day. Lots of tears were shed and lots of prayers were said. As much as I think the worst for my self, I am definitely a glass half full girl. So in every situation, including the bad, I try to change my perspective to see the good. If nothing else, Rylan will be free from pain, and she touched more lives in just 5 short months than most people do in a lifetime. Maybe her passing was the wake up call someone needed to seek God, maybe it was the reminder tomorrow isn't promised so they will fix that broken relationship. I can only hope that of the 500 people there Friday and few of them have seen the light through it all. And what a blessing to have those few weeks at home to be a family of 4. Thankful to God it wasn't in the hospital where she would have never gotten to have family pictures done or spent time with her brother. It's all in our perspective friends and God just wanted his child back a little sooner than most. Your prayers for this family would be much appreciated as they mend their hearts in the days to come and pray they draw near to God and not away.

On a lighter note, that same day, Erica (also in Supper Club) gave birth to her baby girl Lula Grace. This is Erica's 2nd child and she of course had another "Hollywood birth" as I like to call it. It was planned, she felt nothing, and out she popped in 7 minutes. Erica had her hair and make up done and the pictures are just sickening how perfect she looked afterwards! :) Lula is such a little cutie and I am so excited for more girls in the group! 
Speaking of more girls, my friend Tracie (also from supper club LOL) is hopefully having her daughter this week so I will be back with a post on that!
We were joking yesterday at dinner that we need to stop being friends because our supper club of 14 girls has had some serious hits over the past year. Atleast we are lucky enough to have each other to help get through the trials. :) I hope you all had a great weekend and we are hopefully on to a happier week ahead!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!