Monday, June 17, 2013

Pony Ride & Father's Day!

We finished off Saturday by going to another birthday party for my friend Lindsey's daughter Joni. It was her first birthday and of course it was way over the top. It was out on the farm which was awesome for Delainey to experience. She got within 5 feet of the cows and learned how to say moo, we ate some delicious barbecue and also got to ride ponies. We first started off by taking a little carriage ride behind one with mom. 
Then we decided to go big time and ride on the actual pony. Delainey grabbed onto that baby with one hand and rode off into the distance. Well maybe a little exaggeration there, but she did do really well. Maybe she will ride horses one day like her Grammy. 
The party was alot of fun and I am so glad we made the hour trek out to the farm to have some new experiences. 
Sunday, we celebrated Father's Day in our usual fashion without David. :( Poor guy got called in to work at 2:45 am and had to work until about 2:00 pm on Sunday. So needless to say he was pretty exhausted and not up for too much excitement. Delainey and I did however go to church still and out to lunch with the family to celebrate Pop's father's day. We did her hair in pigtails since that is David's favorite!  
I just want to give a shout out to the 2 best father's in the whole entire world! Dad, you are the greatest father who always makes me laugh, teaches me valuable lessons, and is always there to help when I'm in need. I don't know how you made it through my teenage years while still loving me, but I am so glad you did because I could not ask for a kinder, more loving father than you! And David you've only been a Dad for a little over a year, but you are definitely a natural. I love to watch you interact with Delainey and you light up when you are with her. Delainey is so lucky to have you as her father! We love you!

On a lighter note, here is a video of her on the pony. (Listen carefully for Delainey's woah...it's so cute!)



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!