Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekend Recap - Live Nativity & Xmas 5k

We had a very eventful weekend and I loved every minute of it! We headed out Friday night to go to the live nativity at a local church and out to dinner with my friend Alicia, her husband Mike, and daughter Collins. We had dinner at an italian restaurant called Napoli's pastaria. It was delicious...way better than the last time I went and I will definitely be going back. It is definitely a treat going to dinner with 2 babies, one 7 months and one 15 months. They had fun playing with each other though so the mess and fussing was worth it!

Then after dinner we headed to the Nativity. It is by far the best one in Jacksonville. It has become so popular that you have to park at the golf course nearby and ride on a school bus to the church. Delainey got her first ride on a school bus!
We sat through a little story and song and then headed to the back woods where it was all set up.
They had every kind of animal you could imagine, people dressed up and acting out jobs from way back then, and of course baby Jesus laying in the manger. The girls loved petting the animals and staring at everything that was going on. They also had free cookies and hot chocolate at the end. It is definitely being added to the McLaughlin's Christmas traditions list! 




 Saturday morning, we had breakfast and hung out in our pajamas and watched Christmas vacation. It was a very relaxing day and I did a little bit more crafting. Then we headed down to San Marco for the Festival of Lights 5k. There were TONS of people there dressed in all sorts of crazy christmas outfits. My tutu didn't really stand out, but everyone loved that D & I had matching tutus. A lot of my friends and their husbands did the walk with us too so it was fun. David, Jeff, and Gregg got a wild hair and decided to run it, but the rest of us had a leisurely walk through San Marco catching up and picking out our dream homes on the river.



After the race, we all went to dinner at Mossfire Grill in Riverside. It was a lot of fun, but by 10 o' clock I was exhausted so we got home and went straight to bed. Delainey got to meet a new friend at the race, baby Declan. He is a friend of mines son who is now almost 4 months old. He was a premie born at 2 lbs so this was the first time he has been out and about with us. He is so cute and doing great. He is now up to 12 lbs!

Today we did church and lunch with the fam and then I went to Kelli's to plan out the Christmas party that is in less than 2 weeks! Yikes! I can't believe how fast December is going by! Off to bed I go though because I will be up bright and early at 7 am to watch my main man Dean. Good night & I think this is Christmas outfit #4!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!