Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Recap - Part 4 (D's 1st Christmas!!)

I was so excited on Christmas morning that I woke up bright and early around 6:45. I knew we had a long day ahead of us so I took a shower and got ready for the day before Delainey woke up. By 8 am she was still asleep and I couldn't stand it any longer so we went in and woke her up. Dave helped her open her stocking from Santa, then she opened her presents from us and Santa. Of course she loved the paper and the boxes more than the actual gifts, but it was still so much fun watching her open her gifts!
Please notice poor Delainey's puffy eyes she gets when she sleeps. Clearly she just got out of bed! haha
After opening presents at our house, we got dressed and headed over to my parents (Grammy & Pops) to open gifts from them and Kel & Jeff. Once again she racked up from Aunt Kel & Uncle Jeff getting tons of toys, boots, vests, and clothes! Dave and I made out great too! We got a new bluetooth Bose docking station, giftcards to Lowe's, clothes, a new cabinet for Delainey's bathroom...to just name a few items! We did our traditional scavenger hunt, and had egg casserole and monkey bread for breakfast.
Then we headed over to Dave's parents house (Gammo & Dodaddy) to do gifts and hang out for the day. We do Christmas night dinner with them. Delainey got the radio flyer 2 person wagon and absolutely loved riding in it!
I think it is safe to say she had a fantastic first Christmas and is very lucky to be surrounded by so many people that love her so much! I am already counting the days till next Christmas! :)
.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!