Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Surprise Birthday Party for....ME!

Last week David and I were talking and he said on Friday let's go out on a date just the 2 of us. This is definitely out of the norm for David to say. So of course my reaction was to question him on if he did something wrong, what's the occasion, why on Friday. (haha I am a bit of a control freak!) But eventually I let it go and just accepted that he was being sweet. So Friday came and I got ready to go out to the Cheesecake factory with just Dave. We were bringing Delainey over to my sister's house for the night for her to babysit. She told me that our Mom wanted to play with Delainey too so she would be there to help. We arrived to my sister's around 7:30 and I noticed both my mom and dad's cars were there. In my head I thought, wow they must really not trust Kelli to babysit by herself. Low and behold when I walked in the door I heard a loud yell of "SURPRISE!"

My sister had planned an entire surprise party by herself and it had apparently been in the works for months! Majority of my best friends were there including one from Tallahassee. Kelli's house was decorated beautifully (duh!) and she had Maggiano's cater the food, which is my favorite Italian restaurant. We hung out for a little while and ate appetizers & had drinks. Then we ate dinner and talked/played games around the table. It was so great to have all my friends together that night!

I even got some birthday presents! I got some jewelry, a picture frame, giftcard to hobby lobby, giftcard for a pedicure, the wand for curling hair, & the Silhouette Cameo (it is a professionally cutting machine to make invitations, banners, vinyl letters, basically the greatest crafting tool ever)!  I have yet to try the Cameo but am so excited to get it going!
The Cameo!

Testing out the wand!

I can honestly say it was the first time in my entire life that I was surprised with something besides Christmas presents (like my dog Lilly & our playhouse in Miami). I am such a know it all I never let anyone do anything without me knowing. I was 100% shocked and everyone did such a great job keeping it from me! David was especially cute because he brought 2 outfits to change Delainey into since he knew I would want her to look nice at my party. How sweet is he! Anyways it was a great night and I am so thankful to have such a caring, sweet sister to think of doing that for me and making it a night I'll never forget. Thanks Kel!! I love you!!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!