Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Italian American Festival & Savannah

Anyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed with Italian food. Not only do I miss my Bumpa's (my grandpa) cooking, but I miss him everyday! He was the sweetest old man who would do anything for anyone. So while driving down the road last week, I saw a sign for the Italian American Festival happening this past weekend. I ran home and told David that we must go in honor of Bumpa! So Saturday we got up and headed to the festival for lunch and some reminiscing while watching all the old Italian people. I love them! :) The food was heavenly! We had a platter of food that included chicken parm, eggplant parm, and ziti & meatballs. Of course we had to have canolli's for dessert! There wasn't a whole lot going on at the festival but the food was definitely worth the trip up there.


After the festival we came back to our house to watch football & cookout with the family. We cooked sausage, mushrooms, peppers, & onions on the grill while Melissa brought over the appetizers, and Kelli brought over the homemade Sangria. It was a nice relaxing day.



On Sunday, we got  up early to head to Savannah to meet up with David's high school friend Lindsey and her husband Mark. We enjoyed brunch at this place called B. Matthew's eatery. The biscuits and gravy were by far the best I have ever tasted and the shrimp & grits and fried green tomato eggs benedict were pretty great too. (Yes David and I got 3 meals to split between the 2 of us haha) Then we walked around the town and did some sightseeing. We hung out in one of the local squares and listened to live music then hit up Leopold's ice cream parlor for an afternoon snack. It was really great getting to hang out with them and catch up not to mention it was a gorgeous day to be outside.




After such a fun but busy weekend, Delainey and I layed around all day yesterday and snuggled. I love days like that! We are headed to the pumpkin patch tomorrow with our mom to mom group so I will be back with pictures from that soon!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!