Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's October - Birthday Month!!

October is finally here and it is by far one of my favorite months of the year! The weather cools off, there is the FL vs. GA game, & most importantly there is my birthday! :) We have started the birthday month off with a bang. Yesterday we hung out at the house and played with Lilly while catching up on laundry from the weekend. We hit up the Fresh Market for dinner & bought their New England Clam chowder and sourdough bread. We hollowed out the bread and had a soup bread bowl. It was heavenly!! Probably the best clam chowder I have ever tasted besides in Boston (nothing will ever beat that).

 D & Lilly fighting over a toy
Today we headed out to run some errands and Delainey bought me my first birthday present for the month. She bought me some beautiful new riding boots! What a sweet girl I have :) haha

 D playing dress up at the mall. I wish it got cold enough to wear these! So cute!!
When we got home we had a delicious dinner waiting for us in the crock pot. My new goal is to try a new recipe every Tuesday. Today we tried a pot roast recipe my friend Morgan gave me. It was delicious! I forgot to take a picture of it but here is the recipe if anyone wants to try it out.

Slow Cooker Pot Roast
-Brown your meat in a skillet on all sides then place into the crock pot
-Add veggies around meat if desired (I did onions, carrots, mushrooms, fresh green beans)
-Mix all of the following ingredients together in a bowl and pour over the meat & veggies
     1 can of cream of mushroom soup
     1 package of onion soup mix
     1/2 c of water
     1/4 c of sugar
     1/4 c of balsamic vinegar
     2 tsp salt
     1 tsp yellow mustard
     1 tsp worchestire sauce
     2/3 cloves of minced garlic
-Cook on low heat for 7-8 hours and serve over white rice

After dinner, I continued cooking and prepared my mom's famous monkey bread recipe for Mom to Mom tomorrow. It is my groups week to provide breakfast so I figured that would be easy to do ahead of time and just bake tomorrow morning. I can't wait to eat it tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great night & I will be back soon with Delainey's 5 month post!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!