Monday, February 6, 2017

Charleston 10 Year Anniversary Getaway

This past weekend Dave & I had a weekend getaway to celebrate our 10 Year wedding anniversary. Basically all we did was eat for 3 days straight LOL but it was all so delicious!! We stayed at the Belmond Charleston Place which was a very nice hotel in a great location. My favorite part of the hotel was the indoor pool and spa. Friday when we arrived we checked into the hotel and then went to have some drinks at the Pavilion rooftop bar. The weather was so nice out. We walked around the straw market, hit up Pearlz Oyster Bar for some amazing peel & eat shrimp and oysters, then went to 5 Church for some Charcutterie. We headed home to change and then had dinner at Cypress which was amazing! The restaurant was very cool and the food was amazing! A must go to if you like wine. They had the biggest wine cellar I have ever seen.  We celebrated by drinking some champs out of our toasting flutes from our wedding. So proud I still had them! 
Saturday morning we went for an early morning swim and did my bible study in the sauna. We headed to lunch at a restaurant called Husk and the shrimp & grits were amazing. It was similar to a farm to table restaurant with the menu changing twice a day. I about died over the buttermilk rolls and butter made with pork lard! Heaven! After lunch we shopped around some and then came home to take afternoon naps before dinner. Dinner was at Hank's Seafood and the cucumber martini was so delicious. My scallops were great too. We went to bed early Saturday night. We are so old. 


Then Sunday we went to Hall's Chophouse for their Sunday Gospel Brunch. I had the best prime rib eggs benedict I have ever tasted in my entire life. The music was a nice added touch, especially since we missed church Sunday. After Brunch we headed home to see the girls. It was very nice to get away just the 2 of us, but of course we missed the girls and hurried home as soon as possible! All the restaurants were amazing so if anyone heads to Charleston soon they must go to Husk, Cypress, Pearlz, Hall's, & Hank's. Back to the gym I go to burn off the 15 lbs I gained this weekend :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!