Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year - Emily is Engaged!!

Emily (my sister-in-law if you are not aware) was born on January 1st 32 years ago. Sounds like it would be cool to have a 1-1-84 birthday, but in reality it's horrible! Everyone has their own New Year's eve parties to attend so no one ever wants to celebrate her birthday. And definitely not on the 1st since most of her friends are hungover lol. This year Will decided to throw an actual birthday party for her so her friends would be more inclined to come. For the past month, Will and I have been in cahoots planning the whole night. We picked out decorations, rented a green screen photo booth (that turned out to be really fun & cool! Notice the background differences in the photos below), got food and drinks, and most importantly picked out a ring! 
Yes that's right about a month ago Will asked Bill for permission to marry Emily. After he got the approval from Dodaddy, he enlisted me to find out what exactly she wanted and to go to Underwoods to pick it out. It was so much fun looking at all the rings and we chose a gorgeous diamond band with a single solitaire diamond. It was so hard to keep it all a secret, but I knew she would be so surprised and excited when it actually happened. 
Here are some pictures of the decorations and first half of the night. 




Around 10 o'clock, Will brought out the birthday cake and we all sang happy birthday to Em. According to our mapped out plan, we were supposed to play Heads Up (the game on the iPhone) after cake. So I initiated the game, and thank the Lord Emily was on board to play. All the teams went through the first round. On the 2nd round, Emily was holding the phone to her head. Will acted out "Will you marry me" and got on one knee and pulled out the ring. She was so surprised and happy! After the proposal he played a slideshow of videos from friends and pics of them which was so sweet. 


We ended the night with a perfect view of fireworks and a chinese lantern send off. He lives on the 27th floor downtown and the fireworks that the city does were literally right outside of his window! The picture below is of Dave & I's chinese lantern. Almost everybody's fell into the river, but ours floated off into the distance. It was cool! And of course I had to take a pic of the gorgeous ring!

 I am so excited for Emily and for all the planning and fun we will have over the next 9-10 months. If you would have said she would be engaged by now 6 months ago, I would have laughed in your face. But God has a plan and it is finally her time for marriage to happen! Look out blog readers, this blog is about to become 1/2 kids and 1/2 weddings for the next 9 months! :)
I hope everyone had a great New Years Eve/Day! I can't believe it is 2016!  Be back soon, I am going to do a separate blog post of my new years resolutions so I have some people to hold me accountable. :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!