Saturday, December 26, 2015

December to Remember - Week 4 (Part 1)

We had a crazy busy week that was so much fun! The fun started on Monday when Delainey and I went to an Irish Christmas performance at the Times Union theater with Gammoe & Dodaddy. Think river dance with a little bit of singing. Delainey loved it and was standing in the aisle jumping up and down trying to imitate them lol. 

It was my month to host supper club, so Tuesday I had a White Christmas White elephant themed party. I made a shrimp pasta, we did a white elephant gift exchange, and played an intense round of heads up. I am so thankful for my friendships with these ladies and for our monthly girls night. I look forward to it every month! 

Wednesday we finished some last minute shopping, went to the grocery store, and stayed up late wrapping presents since Xmas eve was going to be a busy night. 
Thursday morning (Christmas Eve), I had Alicia drop off Collins to start a new tradition for the girls of making Christmas cookies. They rolled the dough, used the cookie cutters, and decorated them all by themselves. They had such a good time. Of course while the cookies were baking they had to do some princess dress up and other games. 



We headed to Christmas Eve church at 4 pm. Unfortunately David was called into a surgery (It was his holiday to be on call), but I preferred that he miss church and not the girl's opening presents on Christmas morning. Thank the Lord Grammy & Pops were there to help me corral the girls during church. They actually did really well. Blakely was singing and making some noises, but as long as we  kept feeding her puffs she was good to go. 


 After church, we went to dinner at Carabbas and Dave was able to meet us there. We made one last stop by Grammy's house for dessert and to open a few more presents and then called it a night so Santa could come bring presents. We sprinkled reindeer food in the front yard, set out cookies and milk for Santa, and a carrot of course for Rudolph, and say bye to Dash since he was going to be staying in the North Pole.


I'll be back with another post about our Christmas Day!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!