Friday, June 26, 2015

Summer Vacation # 1 - Cashiers, NC

Off we head today to Cashiers, NC for our first summer vacation. David's Aunt owns a house up there so the girls and I are headed there for 5 days. I have never been in the summer time, but I hear it is really nice. There is a lake to go boating, trails to hike, and a pool at the country club to swim. It will be nice to have a break from the 100 degree heat down here in Florida. I think the high is in the low 80s.


I wasn't thrilled about the idea of driving 8 hours with a 2 month old, just because it takes forever to get there when you have to stop and breastfeed every 3 hours. So I came up with a genius idea to fly! :) Blakely and I are flying to Asheville this afternoon and Dave's cousin Mary Beth is going to pick us up. Delainey is riding up in the car with Gammoe and Paige & Collier (D's cousins). Gammoe is staying up there for almost 3 weeks so next Wednesday I will fly home with both the girls...that is going to be a treat!

I am really looking forward to the trip and letting all of the McLaughlin family members meet Blakely for the first time. Wish us luck on B's first flight and my first solo flight home with 2 kids! I'll be back next week to post tons of pictures, but in the meantime you can look at my instagram where I'll be posting stuff throughout the trip. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!