Tuesday, April 28, 2015

It's Birthday Week!

I'm not really sure how it came to be, but in the Richie family we celebrate our birthdays for a full week! Any excuse to go out to dinner or get an extra gift given on another day...I'll take it! I think we can thank my mom for this newer tradition (probably over the past 10 years). Of course I love it and love spoiling whoever's birthday it is, so the tradition is carrying on in the McLaughlin family.

It is both David and Delainey's birthday week. Poor David has graciously given up his birthday week to do all the things Delainey loves for her week. He actually wanted her to be born on his birthday...how horrible to not have your own day! Anyways, I have packed this week full of fun things to celebrate her!

Yesterday the celebration started by taking her to a Curious George musical at the Florida Theatre. She loved it!! It was so cute and kept her entertained thanks to most of the dialogue being sung. We also had great seats! I found out about it randomly Sunday night looking online. I am definitely going to look into more of these in the future.
 After the show, we headed to San Marco and had lunch at M Shack. I treated D to a delicious milkshake and we walked around the San Marco area to look at the fountains and lions. It was a lovely little day with my girls! (Blakely was a champ of course! She sat in the chest carrier for the show and slept the whole time and then hung out in the carseat/stroller the rest of the afternoon)




Today Delainey had school and I got to do a little last minute shopping for her. She received her first present which was some clothes. We had a fashion show and they look so cute on her.

Tomorrow we are headed to TNT gymnastics for open gym. I have done a blog post on this place before. She is obsessed with it! She actually wanted to have a birthday party here so we are going to do open gym and lunch out since we aren't doing an actual party for her.

Thursday, we are doing cupcakes at her school with her classmates and then a little family birthday party with cake and presents.

Friday, I am taking her to this place called Sweet Pete's candy shop to make some candy at the toddler day.

Saturday we are headed to Orlando to go to Seaworld for the weekend. We got a hotel room down there so we will take our time enjoying Seaworld over the 2 days. I am thinking of doing shows and rides on Saturday and then the kids area and playing all day on Sunday.

Sunday is Delainey's actually birthday. I can't believe my baby is going to be 3 years old! She has turned into such a sweet, caring little girl who makes me laugh everyday and is such a joy to be with. I am lucky to be her mom!

David's birthday is tomorrow and he turns 34. Ahh! We are getting old! But I think he is thrilled with exactly where he is in life as he turns 34. He is the best husband and father who is one of the hardest working men I know. He is so selfless and would literally do anything for a stranger. I love watching him with the girls. Us 3 girls are lucky to have him in our lives! We love you David! Happy Birthday!!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!