Sunday, July 20, 2014

Showers & Parties Galore

I am just getting home from my last shower this week and boy am I partied out! Today was nice because I didn't have Delainey with me to chase around. I love having her with me, but it is tough to go to someone else's house where I just constantly feel like I am saying, no don't touch that or come sit down please. She is just an adventurous child who loves to explore; I can't blame her for that.
Anyways here is a replay of this week's activities.
Monday we just laid low at the house and played. Tuesday I had to tutor all day so Grammy watched D. Wednesday we went to our first movie of the summer for the $1 movie specials. We watched Madagascar 3 and D loved it! It was a madhouse so we had to sit in the front row, but she enjoyed eating her popcorn and watching the movie on the big screen. Then that afternoon we to my friend Casey's baby shower. I have grown up with Casey since like age 8, played volleyball with her in high school, and then coached Bartram Trail volleyball with her a few years ago. She is having her first baby so all the volleyball girls got together to give her a shower. It was great to see all my old players and bring D to meet them all since she was in my stomach when I was coaching.


Thursday, we headed to San Marco to have lunch as Maple Street Biscuit Company. By far the best biscuits I have ever tasted. We got "The Five" which is a biscuit with fried chicken breast covered in cheese and bacon all smothered in sausage gravy. Heaven! Kelli and Mom had never been there so we needed to let them experience it before they go back to school in 2 1/2 weeks. D had a blast running around the San Marco fountains and statue area too so that was a plus!






That afternoon, Gammoe treated me and Paige to a manicure and pedicure while her and Collier watched D. I'm so lucky, she spoils me so much! Paige and I got a little wild with our manicures and did an accent finger to change it up. I kind of like it! I really love the striped accent nail, but they charge more for that!

 
 Friday, we went to the beach and D made a friend named Malachi (of course she did, she makes friends everywhere). He was especially fascinated by our fish I caught in D's little net. Trust me it was no easy task to catch one of those little suckers. I was very proud of myself! haha

Saturday afternoon, we headed to Bay & Bee for Tristan's birthday party. Tristan is my friend Michele's son who is in Mom to Mom with us. The place was really cool. It was all wood toys and organic products that they could run around and play with. D of course was the wildest kid there! We had a really good time and ended the night with Chick-fil-a with Maria & Parker.


 Today we headed to church and then I went to my friend Stephanie's baby shower. Her husband is filipino so the highlight of the party to me was the fresh made lumpia! There were lots of people there and it was pretty hot so we weren't there too long. She got TONS of gifts so mission accomplished for a baby shower!:)

This is our last full week of summer in Jax so we need to take advantage! Next week we will be gone in the keys for the week and the following week starts me watching Georgia 5 days a week! Ah where did the summer go! I hope everyone had as good of a week as we did!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!