Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Weekend Recap

I am back in good Old Jacksonville and couldn't be happier to be in my own bed. I had a fantastic weekend, but the drive to and from Asheville was no joke. We ended up leaving Friday morning at 5 am and getting there around 2. I rode with Erica, Mike, Bobbie, and baby Weston. He did really well considering he's only a month old. We only stopped 2 times the entire ride.
We arrived at our cute little cabin and settled in and rested for a little bit before the festivities began.
This place was such a good deal and had all the amenities we needed. 

Friday night, we headed to the Residences at Biltmore pool for happy hour with all the people in town for Matt's wedding. Here is a picture of all the Bishop Kenny crew with the soon to be bride & groom.
After happy hour, we had dinner downtown at a place called Marketplace and then went to a brewery/bar called Wicked Weed. We didn't stay out too late since we were exhausted from the long drive earlier. Saturday, we just relaxed slept in, laid in the sun, read my book, and then headed downtown for an afternoon stroll and shopping. We made tacos at the house for dinner and hit the hay early. 
Sunday, the girls woke early and went for a little hike near our cabin. 
We headed home, showered up and then jumped on a bus for a 45 minute ride out to the wedding venue. It was a lovely view, but of course the weather didn't cooperate and we got rained on during the ceremony. They made the best of it, said their vows simultaneously, exchanged rings, kissed and ran out. It was about a 5 minute ceremony. As soon as the ceremony ended, the weather cleared up and it was a lovely night. They had a really good band and we had a great time catching up with old friends and dancing the night away. Here are some pictures from the wedding. 

 Standing ceremony since it was raining on and off.

 The girls, picture doesn't do the view justice

 Bride & groom's 1st dance
Mother/Son Dance

High school friends & a gorgeous view of the sunset
 Monday we trekked another 8 hours home and I ran in the house and hoped in bed with Delainey since she was asleep taking her nap. She was so happy to see me! We have a semi busy week since we start swim lessons for D and Kelli & I are starting to workout at a gym called timed exercise. I'll be back with a swim lesson update. I hope everyone had a great memorial day weekend!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!