Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Church "Eggstravaganza" & Last weekends festivities

Last weekend we took Delainey to Gammoe's church for their Easter Eggstravaganza. I wanted to have D do an Easter egg hunt against some other kids since Georgia is too young to give her a run for her money! She was not at all like what I expected. When the kids took off to collect the eggs, D just casually watched everyone run and then walked to pick up a few at a leisurely pace. We are going to have to work on her competitiveness :) There were plenty of nice kids who threw a few out in front for her to get so that was helpful. She ended up collecting about 10 and then we traded them in for a bag of candy.

After the egg hunt, we enjoyed the bounce house, some crafts that explained the true meaning behind Easter, some face painting, cookie decorating, snow cones, and pony rides. It was a lovely little afternoon! Delainey and I have been reading lots of books about Jesus and what Easter is all about and I think she is starting to get it! I can't wait to do some of our Easter traditions this week like dying eggs and making the resurrection rolls with her.



After the Easter party, David and I headed out to my friend Matt Adam's couples shower. We have been friends since 6th grade so it is nice to catch up with him and celebrate his upcoming wedding in Asheville that I will be going to.

The next day we did some spring mini pictures and I can't wait to see how they turn out. Delainey was less than thrilled to sit and smile with so many cool things to look at, but I am hoping there are a few cute ones. I really wanted some good ones of her for her 2 year old pics. I can't believe she will be 2 in almost 2 weeks! AH! Here is a sneak peak the photographer put up of them so far.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!