Friday, September 20, 2013

Fall Decor is up!

While Delainey was sleeping this week, I have pulled the Fall decorations from the attic and decorated my house! I'm not a big Halloween person so instead of decorating twice (once for Halloween and once for Thanksgiving) I just decorate for Fall and leave it up through November! My house looks so much nicer with some decorations!
Here is what my mantel looks like. I just got this new mirror from hobby lobby because my clock died and I love it! I change out the picture on the right with different subway art all year around. Throw in some fake pumpkins and flowers in hay and you are set. I also did some leaf garland with a pumpkin and lantern above my Entertainment unit.

On my dinning room table, I did some colored wheat in a glass jar with a Harvest sign and candles. Very simple. 

On the bar I put out flowers, fake pumpkins, metal pumpkin candle holder, filled a lantern with glitter pumpkins, and put some orange decor in the hydrangeas.  I love this season and am glad my house finally looks Fall-y! Now we just need some cold weather! 
In other news, Delainey fell out of her crib the night before last. And by fall out, I mean swan-dived head first onto the floor. I saw it happening on the monitor and ran as fast as possible but couldn't get there in time. So this leaves me with the challenge of what to do. I temporarily turned her crib around so the tall side is out to help prevent her from climbing out, but I don't know how long that will last. I think my only choice is to take convert her crib into a toddler bed. I just don't think she is ready to lay in bed at night and actually sleep when she could just get up and run around. It is going to be interesting trying to figure out how to tame my monkey. If anyone has any advice I will gladly take it!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. We will be watching football and cooking out; 2 of my favorite parts of FALL!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!