Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Breckenridge Trip Recap

Warning: Picture Overload!

Thursday morning we headed out to the airport to hop on a plane to Denver. When we arrived to Denver we met up with the rest of the group. The line up included: Me, Dave, & Delainey/ Mom & Dad/ Kelli & Jeff/ Kent & Melissa/ Uncle Gary & Steph/ Paul & Des/ & Megan....14 deep!
This is us on the way to pick up the rental cars & all our luggage! 
After a 2 hour drive in the snow, we finally arrived at our house for the weekend. It was ridiculous how big it was! It had 7 bedrooms (each with it's own bathroom), a basement with a movie theater, wine cellar, pool table & bar, a hot tub, and a huge kitchen. It was amazing! Here are some pics of the house...it even had a great view and backyard.
 Thursday evening, we headed out to pick up our skis and then had dinner at the house. That night we just hung out playing cards and games.
 Friday morning we woke up and suited up to go skiing for the day. Jeff stayed home with Delainey while the rest of us skied. It was a first for Kelli, Mom, & Dad and they did great! We had lunch on the mountain and then half of us headed home to relax while the rest continued skiing.
Des & I relaxed in the hot tub when we got home.
 Friday night we cooked at home and played games & drank. Most of us went to bed early because we were worn out from such a long day of skiing.

THAT'S WHEN IT HIT....It started with David at about 2 am and progressed taking person by person down every few hours. We think it was altitude sickness or some sort of food poisoning, but boy was it bad. It ended up that David, Uncle Gary, Steph, Melissa, Kent, Megan, & Kelli all got it. They were throwing up and pooping all at the same time. (TMI I know) So needless to say Saturday was pretty uneventful because everyone was laid up in bed or by the toilet. The few of us who felt good did make it out of the house for lunch and some shopping in town which was really cute. It was a good thing we got such a sweet house because boy did we use it. I think we watched a good 6 movies down in the theater area and played tons of games of pool and pinball.

Sunday morning came around and majority of the crew was starting to feel better. David & I weren't going to let this sickness keep us from skiing so the 2 of us headed out for the day. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and we had a great time skiing together. I am getting better and was doing the blue slopes with him so I think he enjoyed it much more.
View of the Mountain from the road: 
 View from on top of the Mountain: 
 My attempt at a panoramic view:
Around lunch time, I left David to go ski the black slopes and met up with the family to have lunch at place called Fatty's pizza. When we got home, a few more people were feeling better so we decided to go tubing to make the most of the last day in Breckenridge. It was pretty cool. 
After tubing, we headed back to the house and played in the backyard. We sledded, made snow angels, and threw snowballs at each other. We got Delainey all suited up to play in the snow and she loved it! She went sledding with me and even made her own snow angel. I think playing in the backyard was the highlight of the trip! 

Monday morning we woke up and packed up all our stuff and hit the road to Denver. David's friend from high school, Lindsey, just had a baby 2 weeks ago so we stopped by to see her on the way to the airport. We finally made it home around 11:30 at night. You should have seen the excitement on Delainey's face when she realized we were home. She was fantastic this week, but boy was she thrilled to see all her toys and have free reign of the house. All in all it was a great trip and I am so glad D got to see her first snow and go on her first ski trip. I can't wait till Dave can start teaching her how to ski! It will definitely have to become a McLaughlin family tradition.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!