Tuesday, January 22, 2013

1st Trip to the Zoo

Today Delainey and I went to the Jacksonville Zoo for the first time. We are supposed to go next Tuesday with our mom to mom group, but one of the girls can't make it next week so we decided to go with her this week. (We will probably go again, it was fun! Not to mention during the month of January it is only $2 on Tuesdays) Her name is Kelly and she has a little boy who is 2 months older than D. They love each other and always play together during class. Anyways the weather was a little chilly but the zoo was really nice. There were tons of cool animals to see and an awesome kids area. Some of it wasn't open until it warms up like the splash park, but they have a ton of cool things for kids like a jungle gym and inside area for little kids with toys and puppet shows.
My favorite part of the trip was the giraffes that come right up to you and eat right out of your hand. The petting zoo of goats was cool too. Delainey wasn't very thrilled with the goats, but she did pet them a few times. It was a really nice, relaxing day with a new friend. I think we will end up getting season passes for the year in the near future.

On the way home we swung by hobby lobby and picked up some scrapbook paper. I have been wanting to make a sign for our house and I finally did tonight. I put it in the kitchen on the bar and I am hoping during the week, David and I will use to write little notes to each other to show our appreciation or love. We definitely don't say it enough so maybe we will write it more :) You just write on the glass with a dry-erase marker and it comes right off whenever you are ready to change the note.

We have a play date at Mom to Mom tomorrow, then tutoring 4 girls, and then girl's monthly supper club so tomorrow is a busy day! Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!

I have to leave you with this beautiful picture! I am OBSESSED with her baby Sperrys! :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!