Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thankful 30 - Thanksgiving recap

It was a good run doing the Thankful 30 for the month of November, but once Thanksgiving hit things were so hectic I fell of the wagon. This will be my last thankful past with a Thanksgiving weekend recap.
For Days 20-30, I am thankful for my family! I could go on for hours about how lucky I am to have such great parents, fantastic siblings, loving inlaws, and awesome sister-in-laws. I have always been blessed with a great family and have never taken it for granted. Hearing stories from friends whose parents are divorced, or never had grandparents around, or sisters they hate, makes me realize how lucky I am. At the drop of a hat, I know anyone of them would be there instantly for me. They are always willing to help around my house, help with Delainey, take us out to eat or feed us dinner, listen if  I need to vent, offer great advice, or just spend quality time with us. I have never been more than 2 hours from my family, and I hope I will never have to. I love seeing them at least 3-4 times a week, going to Church on Sundays with them and just hanging out whenever we get a free chance. In this crazy world filled with so much greed, selfishness, and desire to be the best, I am glad I can sit back and honestly say none of that matters without family by your side and I am lucky enough to have them right next to me!

So lets retace through the past week:

On Wednesday, Kelli, Delainey, & I headed down to St. Augustine for lunch and to walk around. Then I went to get a pedicure with my friend Andrea who was in town to catch up.



Then Thursday was Thanksgiving, We did Thanksgiving at my parents house first. Delainey got to try her first mashed potatoes and stuffing and she loved it! Then we headed over to David's parents house for round 2. After dinner, I got a wild hair and went out Black Friday shopping. I headed out at 8:30 pm and made it home at 3:30 am. Boy did I get some great deals!!






Then Friday, Mom and I went out for a little bit more shopping. I would like to note that everyone except my father was finished within 24 hours! Not to shabby! :) David & Dad went fishing so we just hung out at the house once they got home. Then I got a wild hair and said lets go to Tallahassee tomorrow for the FL vs. FSU game!

So Saturday morning, we dropped off Delainey at my mom's house and headed to Tally. The game itself was a bust, but we had a great time catching up with old friends who also came in town.


Sunday we just laid around the house and caught up on some laundry. Yesterday I watched Dean and he didn't feel well. Turns out he had an ear infection, but then today I woke up to a sick Delainey. She is coughing and has a runny nose. Hopefully it will go away soon! Tomorrow, we are taking Christmas pictures so hopefully she feels better by then! SO that's the past week in a nutshell. I will try my best to do better this week! :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!