Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankful 30 - Day 9

Today I am thankful for technology. However, It is a double-edged sword. If used properly it is the greatest thing in the world. Technology allows me to capture special moments of Delainey's life, it allows me to document what she is doing and when, and it allows me to research what I should be doing as a parent and make sure she is getting the best things possible. I would be lost without cellphones, TV, computers, cameras, videos, and now blogs for documenting her life.
I am nervous though about raising children with so much technology around them. More often then not it is used in bad ways. I am going to have quite the challenge on my hands over the next 20 years trying to figure out when to allow her to use certain technologies and how to monitor what she is doing with these things. So like I said I am thankful for technology, but it's going to put alot of pressure on me as a parent! Hope everyone has a good weekend!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!