Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekend Recap

This entire weekend was spent celebrating birthdays. On Friday night we went out to dinner at the Pier Cantina & Sandbar to celebrate Mom's birthday. It was our first time eating there and I was very impressed. The food was delicious and it had a great view! After dinner we went downstairs to the bar area where we met up with some friends and watched a friend of mine sing. His music has a reggae feel to it; he's awesome! We had a great night celebrating Terri and hanging out with great family and friends.
View from our table


 
On Saturday we woke up and went out to the beach for alittle while. It was a beautiful day despite the oncoming hurricane. The waves were huge, so we didn't go in the water but we did swim in the pool for a little while. Later that evening we went to Marcia's house to celebrate Elizabeth's (David's older sister) birthday. We had a delicious home cooked meal and just sat around the dinner table reminiscing about the old days.
 


 
Sunday we got up and went to church then ate lunch at Five Guys. Delainey went to the nursery for the second time. They said she did really well which is great because starting next week she is going to be in the nursery for 2 hours on Wednesdays while I do a Mom to Mom bible study. After lunch I came home and cleaned my house from top to bottom. I love having guests, but it is also nice to get everything back in order the way I like it. Can we say OCD? :) Then last night we went over to my parent's house to celebrate Kelli's birthday. We had a feast of steak, lobster, chicken, & ribs and ice cream cake for dessert. It was a great weekend, but definitely not good for the diet. Starting today I am getting back on track to healthy eating. This upcoming fall is PACKED with things to do so I figure I better diet while we have some down time.
 
Lucky for us the hurricane has turned more West so we are experiencing a little bit of rain but nothing too severe. Delainey and I are enjoying the day sitting inside being lazy in our pajamas. Sometimes it is nice to do absolutely nothing. Anyways, I hope everyone had a great weekend. Talk to you soon!
D & I after church

Delainey got some new toys to play with when we are at my parent's house. She was laying on the floor playing and Tiki would not leave her alone. She kept giving her kisses. It was cute!




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!