Wednesday, July 11, 2012

God is in Control

Today reconfirmed that when you think you have a plan and everything all figured out, God takes over and changes your life according to HIS plan which doesn't necessarily match your plan. Sometimes it is difficult to remember that God has a plan when we want something so badly, but looking back it always works out for the best. 

This morning I went to tell my principal at the school I've worked at for the past 5 years that I have decided to be a full-time stay-at-home mom. I have known all my life that this was my ultimate goal  when children came around. I am lucky enough to be married to a terrific man who has the same views on this subject as I do. Until recently we weren't sure if this was a possibility. We decided we were ready to try to have kids about 2 years ago. Getting pregnant was difficult for us and I struggled with why I wasn't getting pregnant while so many people around me were getting pregnant so easily. Looking back now at what has changed over the past 2 years has reminded me of how perfect the timing of Delainey was. David started a new job a  year and a half ago that will allow me to stay home financially. If Delainey came any earlier, it would not have been possible. Also, my principal was going to move me to 8th grade math this year which I would have been so unhappy with. The timing of this decision could not have more perfect. I cannot wait to be able to watch my little girl grow everyday. I am definitely going to miss being in the classroom and making an impact on my student's lives, but feel that being with my own child is more important at this time. I'm sure I will continue to volunteer in the schools or tutor students on the side just cause I love it so much. So a new chapter in my life has begun. From career woman to Mom! 

*In the moment we may not understand why things happen the way they do, but remember God already knows exactly what is going to happen in your lives and has the best timing of all!*

Here's a pic of D mesmerized by her play mat 

She is about over the pacifier. I think she is more interested in eating the lamb or her hand. I am pretty sure she is going to be a thumb sucker once she figures it out! 


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!