Friday, July 20, 2012

11 weeks

Delainey was 11 weeks old yesterday. The outfit she has on was passed down from David's mom. I think either Emily or Elizabeth (David's sisters) wore this when they were babies. You can't see it in the picture but I love the open cross back.

 D is starting to focus on things much better. She sat in her jumper for about 30 minutes looking a the lights and watching things move. She still can't touch the ground but with a box under her she will stand up and then sit back down.

On another note, Delainey has turned into a drooling queen. We have added bibs to our daily outfit. I don't think she is teething yet though. A lady at my church told me they drool because they're taste buds are coming in. Anyone with experience know why she drools so much so soon?

Here is D representing Wake Forest for her Uncle Jeff

Also, for new moms or soon-to-be moms. No one ever told me how often you should bathe a baby. I assumed daily since it's part of the bedtime routine and helps prevent diaper rash. Apparently that's wrong! Bathing a baby too much can cause eczema when they get older (it dries their skin out too much). So we are now bathing every other day. D's skin does seem more moist since switching over. Just thought I would share since no one shared with me. 

She is getting so big!

Tomorrow we are going down to the keys for a week for our annual lobster trip with my mom's side of the family. We having been doing it since I was a kid and I look forward to it every year. Lucky for me, David loves it too and has fully embraced this family tradition! :) Not to mention lobster is one of my favorite foods and there is definitely no shortage of lobster!
On the way down, we are stopping in Miami to stay with my Aunt Terri for the night. She hasn't met D yet so that should be fun. I will try to post pictures throughout the week in the keys, but I don't think the internet is great so it may be awhile before my next post. Everyone have a great week!!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!