Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Samuel - 2 Week Update

Height: 21.5 inches - 90%
Weight: 7 lb 10 oz - 34% You gained 14 ounces in 1 week since we saw Dr. Mary the first time which is awesome!!
Head Circumference: 14.5 inches - 84%
Vision: I don't think you see much these days. I think you see some shapes and things up close, but the vision takes a little while to come in.
Movement: Obviously we won't have much to report in this category for a while. When you lay on your playmat you do roll on your side, but it will be a few months before you really roll. Good thing though because you love to sleep swaddled nice and tight and once you roll those swaddles are bye bye.
Eating Habits/New Foods: You eat every 2.5 - 3 hours. You latched wonderfully and breastfeeding has gone really well. The only problem we have is my milk comes in too fast and you often choke. Well once you choke and get some air in your throat we have to stop and burp you before you will eat again. It takes some work to get you to burp too! At night I usually get one 4 hour stretch and then you are back to eating every 3 hours. I don't think this schedule is going to change anytime soon!
Sleeping Patterns: You are still so new that sleep encompasses most of your day. Your nighttime is about 9 pm to 9 am. You mainly sleep with the few times you get up to eat, burp, or be changed. Then from 9-11ish you are awake and just hang out. You take a good 1-2 hour nap around 11 and then another good 1-2 hour nap around 2 or 3. You will cat nap throughout the day in between feedings too. Your longest sleep stretch is 4 hours right now.
Sounds/Words: You were so quite the first few days of life. You have found your voice though and when you are upset, you have a nice loud cry.
New discoveries/accomplishments:
-You are adjusting to life on the outside. Getting dragged around lots of places and having to go with the flow while we take your sisters to school, sports, and everything in between.
Places you went/Adventures: You met lots of new people over the past 2 weeks. You have been to the Dr. twice and have been cleared to come back at 2 months for your shots. You met my middle school girls at church, you went to Mom 2 Mom, and BSF. You pretty much just hang in your carseat while we are out and about. It's nice to keep you covered so you don't get sick. We are praying you stay healthy till atleast 3 months.
Clothes: You are in newborn clothes. The 0-3 outfits are too big for your skinny little body! We did just move you up to size 1 diapers though since your little belly is getting large. You are going to be tall and skinny just like your big sis Delainey!
Sisters update: Your sisters are obsessed with you. They want to hug you, kiss you, watch everything I do with you. It is very sweet. Of course when we got home, they both had a cough so I tried my best to keep them away but they are much better so they are getting a little more involved with you. We are trying to just kiss feet and the top of the head. I am being super crazy too about them doing hand sanitizer and nose spray after school to keep everyone healthy. If there is one concern it is you getting sick. I hate that until you are 3 months if you get a fever of 100.4 or higher you go straight to the ER and get a spinal tap. So I would love prayers from everyone that he stays nice and healthy. Other that we are doing great! We are loving all our snuggles with you and just trying to cherish you this tiny. I know you will be a grown boy in no time and I want to remember this time forever! We love you Sammy!

1 comment:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete