Monday, April 16, 2018

(IN)FERTILITY FRIDAY - Day 11 Ultrasound

Good News! Does anyone else appreciate the first few words to indicate whether I have a good or bad update?!? I know when I follow other peoples blogs, I don't want to read 5 paragraphs before finding out how things went so I thought I'd help you out and cut down on the suspense LOL.

So yesterday I had my Day 11 ultrasound. They were checking to make sure I had a good egg follicle  over 18 mm and a nice thick lining. I thought it was a little early since I usually ovulate on Day 14-15 but all looked good. I actually still had a pretty thick uterine lining at 12 mm, but it is in the range (8-14mm) they like it so that box was checked and I had one good egg that measured at 20 mm. So she gave me the green light to do the transfer. A nurse came in and gave me a shot called Ovidrel to make me ovulate. (It took me back to the good old days of IUIs) Basically it just helps with the timing of of it all. So now we know I most likely ovulated this evening and they want you in 5 days later, which puts me on Saturday morning. I was put on Crinone once a day to make sure I had enough progesterone over the next week, but I don't think they keep you on it for long. I know you can't have too much progesterone so I may just ask to stay on it for peace of mind if all goes well. And thats all I have to do. Just take my prenatal vitamin and lay low. I am taking a baby aspirin and another B-12/folate vitamin, but that is about I.

So that is where we stand. I head in Saturday morning, have my one embryo transferred and then I lay around and pray that this embryo results in a healthy pregnancy and baby for me in 9-10 months. I have been keeping up with my acupuncture once a week and we are going to do a session before my transfer and one after to help me relax and not stress too much. I have actually grown to like acupuncture and find it very relaxing. I've also been drinking some bone broth and eating healthy to try get my body as healthy as possible to accept an embryo. Hey I will try an old wives tale or 2 as long as it doesn't hurt anything.

Thank you guys so much for your prayers. Now is really the time to ramp them up, that this would be successful, that I will not be stressed and trust in God's plan while I wait for the miserable 2 weeks to see if it worked, and if it does work for a healthy baby and no miscarriage. I won't have a blood test for 10-12 days after so I will let you all know when that is once I have my transfer this weekend. I will do one more post on Friday letting you all know the exact time and game plan for Saturday. I hope you all have a great week. XOXO

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!