Thursday, March 24, 2016

Our House is for Sale

Well, it WAS for sale! We currently are under contract and are awaiting a home inspection on Saturday and an appraisal to be done. If all that goes well, we are scheduled to close on June 10th!! 

It was quite the whirl wind the past 7 days. Last Thursday morning, we officially put a sign in the yard and put our house for sale on Zillow and the MLS listings. I had my first call by noon that day for someone to come see it that afternoon. So I called Grammy, asked her to come grab the kids after school, did some last minute cleaning and away we left for the afternoon. I had a feeling there were going to be a few showings on Friday so I was nutso not letting the kids or David touch anything that could dirty the house. I even made him shower in the girls' bathroom. Friday morning, we had a showing scheduled for 10 so when the girls woke, we got dressed and left the house for the day! We had breakfast at Burger King, took naps at Grammys, had Tropical Smoothie for lunch, and then I passed the girls off to Gammoe while I headed to St. Augustine to set up for Shannon's wedding. We ended up having 4 showings that day and 2 on Saturday. Saturday morning I got a text from my realtor saying we had 2 offers, so he got back to them and anyone else interested and said give us your best and final offer by 5 pm on Sunday. And thats what happened we had 2 offers, both over asking price, by Sunday evening and had to choose which one. We had to do a little negotiating with the offer we wanted to accept, but they accepted the deal and here we are! Under contract in less than 4 days!! Woohoo! I am praying it all goes through, because it was not easy keeping the house clean with the girls running around. 
We did put a lot into getting it ready over the past month or so. Dave did a great job tidying up the landscaping, he pressure washed the whole house, repainted the patio, repainted the door and shutters, organized the garage. I decluttered all the rooms, took out some furniture and toys, cleaned the house from top to bottom, changed all the lights so the rooms were nice and bright (it made a huge difference). We also changed all of our fogged windows out for new clear windows, had our carpets professionally cleaned, and upgraded our appliances from white to stainless steel. I would say we did a good job!

The professional pictures of our house were dynamite too. You can see the listing here of our house on Zillow. Please pray everything goes smoothly this weekend with the inspection and appraisal! Thanks guys!!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the joys the selling your house. To me everything that goes into buying a house is only slightly more stressful, but they are pretty much equally so. Both have been very memorable experiences, but I've bought a house three times and sold a house twice. I hope to heaven I'm done with the whole process. Fingers crossed that this one is for good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie, congratulations on selling your house. I was amazed how quickly it sold until I got further down and read about all the jobs you did before putting it on the market. Presentation really pays - all the decluttering, cleaning and last minute jobs makes a big difference. We found that out with our last sale and purchase.

    ReplyDelete