Thursday, March 6, 2014

My "Not so little" little girl & some homeschool preschool

We are just 2 months away from Delainey turning 2 and I can't believe how quickly she has grown up! I love this age (maybe the most). She communicates so well, understands my humor, and makes me laugh all day long! I figured it was about time to start setting some routines and maybe start working a little more on some preschool stuff so she is not shell shocked when she starts preschool this fall. I know she will be fine as far as smarts go, but I just want to work on more of following a routine and some structure as far as learning goes.
I found this great online curriculum called ABC Jesus Loves Me. It is a free preschool curriculum that you can download each week that has everything laid out for you to do that week. I took the curriculum and ran with it and made this awesome board to keep us organized and on track! Honestly the board is more for me to remember what I should be focusing on for that week. It's definitely going to be a work in progress figuring out what works for us since we like to pick up and go so much, but I will keep you posted on our journey.
 In adding with Delainey becoming such a big girl, I decided it was finally time to let her start helping with the cooking. We made cookies the other day and she did very well. Only one lick of the spoon with raw egg on it. O well! I just love her little apron I scored in the $1 section of Target!


It's been raining all week, so we have just been relaxing at the house for the most part. Oh and did I mention waiting on baby Georgia! haha If she is late I will die! Be back in a few days with Delainey's 22 month update.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!