Monday, January 13, 2014

2014 New Year's Resolutions

Each year I make some new year's resolutions and usually follow through with 1 or 2 of them. I'm hoping to be more successful this year. Here are my resolutions:

1. Spend at least 1 time a week together as a family
I know this sounds crazy, but David works so much during the week that often times he won't even see Delainey from Sunday - Thursday. So I am hoping to do something once a week whether it be go for a walk, to the park, have dinner together, things like that

2. Have 1 date night a month 
We have gotten horrible about going on dates! We are just so busy that when we have a free night we usually spend it with Delainey. I really want to spend just 1 day of the month with just the 2 of us.

3. Save the weekly amount of money for the year in mason jar
I jumped on board with the "52 Week Money saving challenge" that is floating around pinterest and the internet. Basically the 1st week of the year you save $1, then the second week you save $2. You should have about $1300 by the end of the year. Which I want to use for an annual family vacation each year. 

4. Pray together each night & read weekly "his story" reading
With David working late some nights, we have let the praying together go by the wayside. Our church is starting a series based on the book of "his story." I love series like this and plan to read a chapter a week that corresponds with the message. 

5. Read Proverbs 31 message before I get out of bed and pray for the day.
I often times find myself checking my instagram and Facebook before I do anything else. I want to scale back on the internet and focus my attention on God.

6. Spend less than we make  
When I was pregnant with Delainey, we started living on one income and saved up a lot of money. I'm not entirely sure on where a lot of the money has gone, but I'm obviously spending more than we make if I keep dipping into savings. I think it is vacations, parties, weddings, and shopping. I am hoping to tighten up and live within my means and not really on my savings money. 


7. Eat healthier & cook at least 1 meal a week
For the last time haha with David being gone its easier not to cook for Delainey and myself and just go over to mom's or go out to eat. I am going to try to cook at least 1 meal a week bc I know David really does enjoy a home cooked meal to come home to. Time to eat healthier at home and live the dream when we go out to dinner. 

So, I need some accountability people please to hold me to all of these resolutions. Did I forget any must have resolutions?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!