Friday, May 3, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday Delainey!

My Dearest Delainey,
         On the eve of your first birthday, I write you this letter letting you know how much you have blessed our lives over the past year. It was exactly a year ago when we were sitting in the hospital waiting on your arrival. We were so excited to finally meet you, but a little scared on what to expect as far as becoming a parent and taking care of a new baby. Like the princess you are, you made your grand arrival on your due date and came out with ease (actually a little too fast because the Dr. wasn't around). From the moment I saw you, all my fears disappeared and I was filled with an overwhelming love for you. That love for you has only grown stronger everyday. There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for giving me the gift of you. I am so lucky to be your Mommy and I can't imagine a single day without you. You brighten my day, fill it with laughter, and shock me daily at how smart you are and how quickly you are growing up.
       The first few months of your life were some of my favorite. I loved being able to provide all of your needs for you. The time I spent with you while breastfeeding was like no other bond I have ever experienced. I loved feeding you in the middle of the night just thanking God for my sweet baby girl. You were such a snuggle bug and for the most part just hung out with Mommy doing our normal routine. But then you started to grow and sit up and make noises and I thought these are definitely my favorite months. It was so much fun watching you learn to crawl over Christmas and to see the excitement on your face at all the presents. You definitely brought a whole new meaning to the holidays and made them that much more special. Once you started crawling, our days of sitting on the couch watching you play were long gone. You are such a curious and adventurous little girl. Absolutely nothing scares you and you love feeling and tasting different textures and items. I was amazed at how well you started to pick up on the sign language and at this stage I began feeding you real food. I absolutely loved making all your baby food. It was such a fun and exciting time. That was until recently when you started walking. In your 1 year of life so far, this has been my favorite stage! You have already grown into such a fun, sweet, loving, caring, kind, silly, wild, and adventurous little person. You are no longer a baby. You can communicate majority of things through your signs and you are starting to talk. You are a free spirit who loves to learn things on her own. Often times your curiosity gets you stuck or hurt, but you usually figure it out. You are a very happy baby who loves life and I love watching you grow into such a sweet young lady.
        Now over the past year, we have definitely had a few struggles and questions on whether we are were parenting properly. But we have managed to work past them unscathed, and we learned what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. :) Delainey my hope for you is not that you grow up to be an Olympic athlete or the President of the United States, but that you will be a sweet, caring, compassionate girl who loves the Lord and wants to do her part to make the world a better place by sharing God's love. I knew the day I found out I was going to have a baby, that this would be the most important part of being a parent. Not what clothes you wear or school you go to or sports you play, but what type of person you are going to become and making sure I raise you to love the Lord. As you grow older, I can only hope that I am doing enough to guide you in the right direction. I hope you one day look back and can say that you know Christ because your parents raised you knowing him and his love for you. I hope that we can lead by example and be the best parents possible since you deserve the best in the whole entire world! Your Daddy and I love you very much and we want to thank you for being the best gift we could have ever dreamed of! Happy 1st Birthday baby girl and here's to many more fantastic years together! We love you!!
    1 Day old
1 Year Old 


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!