Sunday, March 17, 2013

45 Weeks

The other day I said was doing some crafting. I am very happy with how it turn out! My friend Krista is getting married next month and I attended her shower yesterday. I wanted to make her a sign to hang in her house with her new last name. We went to Lowes and bought a nice piece of wood that was 24" by 9". I also purchased the sample size paint which was plenty for the small piece of wood. I painted the wood (probably about 3-4 coats) and then sanded the edges to make it look a little worn. 
Then I used my Cameo and cut out the words on vinyl. Transferring it to the wood is by far the hardest part. Not so much hard, just difficult to make sure it all lines up and is centered. Here is what the final product looks like: 
I think I may try to sell them around Jacksonville for a little side business. I am finally starting to get the hang of my Cameo so I'm excited to try more projects. 

Nothing new this week, just the usual as far as Delainey goes. She is doing awesome with all of her sign language. She is really using the milk, more, and all done signs to let me know what she wants. She's a pro with the doggie sign as well. Here are some pics from the other day. I will be back with a weekend recap tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great week! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!